1.Set the goal(s)
– What are your expectations of a successful SMRS
2. What resources do you have in place or plan to have in place to manage the SMRS?
– An effective SMRS will require approximately 15- 20 hours a week.
3. Research and benchmark other organizations
– What are they doing in the space? Equal important though, does your organization have the capability, boundaries and capacity to “follow” the leader. If not, set this as a goal and work within your abilities to be effective.
4. Build your Social Media platforms
– To insure, build and support brand recognition, is the theme, message, look and feel consistent? Also, make sure that your social mediums interactive with each other, promoting and repurposing your message through all available channels.
5. What’s your message mix look like?
– 50 % job related, 25% organization related and 25% people driven content, is a good place to start.
6. Include a centralized processing and reporting tool
– Eventually you’re going to want to focus your energies where the people and messages are most recognised, not to mention show an ROI for your spend.
7. Involve Legal and Marketing.
– You want these folks on your side. Not too early though or you’ll get bogged down in marketing taking control and legal holding things up.
Did I miss anything?
Have a great day,