Okay let’s face it, we all know about Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, You tube, etc. and some of us even use these Social Media tools to find talent. But how any of your organizations support the use of these tools to recruit? Better yet, how many of your organizations have embraced social media to the point where you’ve developed Social Media Recruitment Strategy (SMRS)?
Do you look at the statistic year after year and see the same results? Do you see the same shortfalls in talent acquisition, the same results with the same strategy you’ve had for awhile? Social Media Recruitment Strategy is for the leaders and the organizations that take talent acquisition seriously and are willing to take risks, go where no one has gone before and bring Social Media into their recruitment strategy. Maybe it’s time to hitch your horse to the wagons heading out to the uncharted world of Social Media Recruitment? It’s not easy, but it’s worth it. 940 million social media users can’t be wrong.
The first rule of Social Media Recruitment Strategy is to take the time and treat this as a project, what are you looking to accomplish, what are the objectives, set some milestones, who are the key players on your team and your organization that you will need to be on board with the project and don’t forget to identify the risks associated with the project, you might find that they outweigh the endeavour.
Every organization is different and before you get caught up in the Social Media Recruitment game, take a look at these questions to consider before you embark,….
If the question is,… “What to expect from an effective Social Media Recruitment Strategy”?,….
- Build a Social Media Recruitment Strategy around Employer Brand
- Maintain and Grow the brand reputation as an “employer of choice”
- Find the top quality candidates faster than traditional means.
- Help to fill the candidate pools with quality, tough to find candidates.
- Can provide “data per user” and other user metrics.
- Create a corporate platform that is consistent through the mediums.
- Implementation – introduction of high return social media platforms to the recruitment process including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Networks, Mobile, etc
- Measurement of the ROI attached to social media recruitment strategy
What needs to be done to start the “build”,…
- Scoping and requirements gathering – what does your organization want to achieve with its Social Media Recruitment strategy? What outcomes are being targeted – candidate generation, marketing and branding, and mitigating risk?
- Complete a strategic review of social media recruitment models. What are leading organizations doing? What are our competitors doing?
- Recommended framework for your organization- what best fits your unique culture? What is achievable for your recruitment team?
- Develop the Social Media Recruitment Strategy including:
- Candidate direct sourcing opportunities
- Branding/transparency – letting candidates better understand the work environment at your organization.
- Identifying talent communities
- Driving referrals thru employees and candidates
- Development of social media usage guidelines, approval process and terms of service
- Development of a channel for relevant content for social media messaging (Diversity, Marketing, etc)
If your confident, you’re on your way.
See you next time,